This delicious broccoli salad is great for a picnic or barbecue. Sweet and smoky flavors, with lots of fresh crunch, and a bright, yet creamy dressing. It makes a great side dish that family and friends will enjoy.
- 5 oz 5 oz 5 oz Bacon, 5 strips, fried then chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Primal Palate Kosher Flake Salt, more or less, to salt the water
- 4 cups 4 cups 4 cups Broccoli, florets
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Red Onion, sliced and chopped
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries, Organic
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Walnuts, Organic, chopped
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Mayonnaise
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Primal Palate Organic Spices - Garden Ranch Seasoning Mix
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Fry the bacon over medium heat until crispy. Once the bacon is cooked, transfer it to a plate lined with a paper towel to cool and drain the fat.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, add the broccoli to the water and cook for 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, drain the water and place broccoli directly into an ice water bath, or run under cold water to stop the broccoli from cooking.
- Once the broccoli is cool, allow the excess water to drain, and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Top with the red onion, cranberries, and walnuts. Stir gently to combine.
- Once the bacon is completely cooled, chop into small pieces and then add to the broccoli salad and stir to combine.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the mayo, lemon juice, and Primal Palate Garden Ranch seasoning.
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli salad, and toss gently to combine.
This broccoli salad is best enjoyed the same day it is made.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Shellfish Free Side Dishes Specific Carbohydrate Diet
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.