Breakfast Taco Bowl
I started making these breakfast taco bowls when we had leftovers meat from our dinner the night before. These bowls are basically all my favorite things in one meal so I am pretty big fan of this recipe. You really can customize this taco bowl to any of your favorite ingredients. We often just use whatever veggies are in the house or I substitute roasted sweet potato for the friend plantains. A lot of times I skip the fried egg to save time and it is still as delicious.
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Beef, for the taco meat
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Chili Powder, for the taco meat
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Oregano, dried, for the taco meat
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cumin, for the taco meat
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Smoked Paprika, for the taco meat
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh, for the taco meat
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt, for the taco meat
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Water, for the taco meat
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Lettuce, green leaf, chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Avocado, smashed
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Plantain, sliced and fried
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Sauerkraut
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs, fried
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat. Place the ground beef in the skillet and break up the meat while it is cooking.
- Drain the grease if necessary and then add all the spices and water. Let the meat simmer for approximately 10 minutes or until a lot of the liquid is gone.
- While the meat is simmering, fry up the plantains and the eggs and set aside.
- Grab two large bowls and fill them with lettuce. Divide the rest of ingredients between two bowls and add the taco meat and fried egg.
You can substitute the fried plantains for roasted sweet potato.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeBreakfast Coconut Free Dairy Free GAPS Nut Free Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.