Blueberry Cinnamon Antioxidant Smoothie
The winter season is all about warm, comforting foods and favorite treats. Unfortunately, the extra sugar intake from pumpkin pie and Christmas cookies can catch up with you (yes, even if they are PALEO treats). Combine that with the stress you may encounter during the holidays, and you’ve got yourself a recipe for a depressed immune system and a sore throat on Christmas day (I may know this from experience)! So take some time to give your body a little TLC this season. You can start with this delicious, immune-boosting smoothie! As a health coach, I usually encourage people to eat their meals rather than drink them (especially because smoothies can be higher in sugar), but smoothies can also be a delicious way to get some extra nutrition. This drink combines the antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and vitamin-rich properties of blueberries, citrus, and cinnamon with the healthy, filling fat of coconut milk. I also like to add gelatin for gut health. Enjoy!
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Blueberries, frozen
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Banana, frozen
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Milk
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Unflavored Gelatin, Beef, Great Lakes brand, optional
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend on high until smooth!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week