BLT Egg Casserole
How do you make a BLT gluten free? Forget the buns and bake it with egg instead! Super easy and delicious Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato Egg bake is great for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner.
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Cauliflower, cooked and then chopped into "rice." can also use diced potatoes
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Eggs
- 4 pieces 4 pieces 4 pieces Bacon
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Cream Cheese, Full Fat, or non dairy cream
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Onion, chopped
- 1 - 2 bunch 1 - 2 bunch 1 - 2 bunch Arugula, or spinach (chopped is best)
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Tomato, sliced
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Potato Starch, or arrowroot
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Black Pepper
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Garlic Powder
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Parmesan Cheese, shaved
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- First chop you bacon and sautee with greens and onions until almost all cooked. Do not over cook. Set aside. In another bowl, add in your egg and beat or mix until fluffy. Add in your spices, cream, and starch to the egg mix and beat or mix again.
- Combine your potato or rice mix with the bacon and veggies, toss together, then spread on casserole dish. Pour egg mixture over top and layer the tomato slices on top of that along with your parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with any extra spices you desire, such as black pepper.
- Bake at 350F for about 22-25 minutes. check at 20 minutes to make sure it's not overcooking.
Vegetarians can easily use Tempeh or coconut bacon vs the real bacon.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week