This fantastic blackberry jam takes some time to make, but is well worth it. Serve on your favorite slice of grain-free bread, or with our Maple Biscuits for a truly special treat.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Rinse blackberries under cold water, and then place in a large mixing bowl. Toss with 1/3 cup of maple sugar, cover, and place in the fridge for one hour.
- Remove the blackberries from the fridge, and place in a large sauce pan.
- Heat over medium heat, and mash the berries with a potato masher.
- Once the berries have started to bubble, and are completely mashed and softened, strain through a fine mesh strainer.
- Scoop half of the bits of berries back into the sauce pan, and then pour in the strained black berries. Stir to combine.
- Add the remaining 1/3 cup of maple sugar, as well as the lemon zest and juice, and stir to combine again.
- Heat over medium to medium high heat for 15 minutes, stirring frequently until the jam has thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- Scoop off excess foam (if there is any) from the surface, and ladle the jam into four 4 ounce sterilized mason jars, leaving 1/2 from the top. Follow preferred canning methods if desired, or allow to cool, and then keep in the fridge until use.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week