Best Ever Banana Bread Pancakes
Thick and fluffy banana bread pancakes that are 100% fruit sweetened, nut-free and dairy-free.
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Flour
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Eggs
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Banana, mashed
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Oil, Organic, may sub butter
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Unflavored Gelatin, Beef, Great Lakes brand
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Dark Chocolate Chips, optional
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Walnuts, Organic, optional
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and combine with the mashed banana.
- Stir in the remaining liquid ingredients. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet until well combined. The batter with be thick.
- old in the chocolate chips OR walnuts and the gelatin. Allow the batter to rest 5 minutes while you heat a pan over medium heat.
- Scoop the dough into the pan to form small-medium sized pancakes. Using a spatula, lightly spread/flatten the batter.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes. When the pancakes are ready to flip, you will see the color of the bottom begin to change and small bubbles forming (depending on the thickness of your pancakes). Flip and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Serve with maple syrup or your favorite nut butter and enjoy!
If using coconut oil, make the sure the eggs are room temperature to prevent the oil from hardening. I love adding gelatin to pancakes for the nutritional value, because the taste and texture are not affected. Feel free to leave it out completely! The batter is thick, and does not spread naturally on it’s own. Spread with a nonstick spatula, not the flipper! Store leftover in the fridge for 3-4 days, or freeze for longer storage.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeBreakfast Nightshade Free Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.