Beet Brownies - perfect for a (secretly healthy) Valentine's Day!
- 0.666 cup 0.666 cup 0.666 cup Beets, peeled, steamed, and roughly chopped
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Organic Coconut Oil
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Organic Cocoa Powder
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Baking Soda
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Dark Chocolate Chips, optional, for garnish + sprinkles
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 350F and lightly grease an 8"x8" baking dish.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine all ingredients and puree on high until the mixture is smooth, periodically scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl to make sure everything is evenly incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- If you're using the chocolate chips, you can sprinkle them across the top of the batter before baking, or save them to melt and decorate with.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan before slicing or cutting out shapes. If you plan to cut out shapes, chilling completely in the fridge before doing so yields the cleanest cuts.
- If you did not garnish with chocolate chips before baking, melt the chips in the microwave or over a double boiler and use a knife or pastry bag to apply to the tops of the brownies. Follow with sprinkles if you desire.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week