Beet Basil and Potato Mash
Add more nutrients to your side dish with this Beet and Potato Mash! Beetroot contains pigments called betalains. These pigments contain nitrogen and work as both antioxidants and anti-inflammatories. Eat up!
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Beetroot, 4 whole beet (small)
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Fingerling Potatoes, or sweet poatoes
- .2 cup .2 cup .2 cup Feta Cheese, or goat cheese, kefir cheese works!
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup fresh Basil, chopped
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Granulated Garlic, minced
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Hot Banana Peppers, chopped (optional)
- .2 tsp .2 tsp .2 tsp Sea Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Peel the potatoes (or leave some skin on if you prefer) and add them to a pot of boiling water with a little bit of sea salt.
- Cook on medium or medium low for about 10 minutes, until tender.
- While the new potatoes are cooking, cut your beets in halves or quarters. Then add to your pot and simmer for a few minutes more.
- Remove from heat and drain the water. Add about 3 heaping spoonfuls of feta cheese, your chopped basil, garlic, and pepper.
- I also added a few banana peppers for spice. Mash until smooth or keep it chunky, whichever way you prefer. Serves 2
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week