Beef Tongue Taco Bites
- 1 1 1 Beef Tongue, rinsed
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Chipotle Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Garlic, un-peeled
- 1 1 1 Jalapeño, chopped
- Water, enough to cover tongue in crock pot
- 2 Shallots, sliced in half2 shallots, sliced in half
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place the tongue in the slow-cooker, and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Place shallot, garlic and jalapeno pepper on top of the tongue, and pour just enough water to cover the tongue.
- Cook on low for at least 8 hours.
- Remove tongue from slow-cooker, and peel the skin from the meat using two forks.
- Discard the skin, and shred the meat using the same two forks.
- Place shredded meat in a large skillet, and warm meat on medium heat.
- Season meat with cumin, smoked paprika, chipotle pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
- When all spices are evenly distributed, remove from heat and set aside.
- To plate the taco bites, place a spoonful of the shredded beef tongue on an endive leaf, and top with organic salsa and cilantro.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week