Basic Bolognese Sauce
A great bolognese recipe is a staple for any cook. This meaty red sauce can be used in a variety of ways, though it's hearty and satisfying over some grain-free pasta (Like Cappello's), or over Zucchini Noodles or Spaghetti Squash.
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1 1 Onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 2 2 Carrots, diced
- Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- Ground Fresh Black Peppercorns, to taste
- 18 oz 18 oz 18 oz Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 1 1 Zucchini, medium, diced
- 1 1 1 Bay Leaf
- free range, organic Chicken Stock, or water, optional
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large pot.
- Add the diced onion and saute until translucent. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add the carrots, season with salt and pepper to your preference, and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and oregano to the pot, and reduce heat to low to simmer, and partially cover with a lid.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until browned. Pour off and discard the fat, and then add the ground beef to the sauce.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the sauce: the zucchini and the bay leaf. Simmer on low heat to intensify the flavors, stirring occasionally. If the sauce becomes too thick, you can add some chicken stock or water to rehydrate it.
- Remove the bay leaf, and serve over zucchini noodles or cooked spaghetti squash.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week