Barbecue Rub Sliders
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Onion, sliced (about 1/2 onion)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ghee, or olive oil
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Beef
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Primal Palate Barbecue Rub
- 3 pieces 3 pieces 3 pieces Bacon, cut in half
- 6 pieces 6 pieces 6 pieces Lettuce, Iceburg, or Romaine. Large leaves to wrap burgers
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Roma Tomato, sliced
- Begin by preheating your grill to medium high heat (about 500 F).
- Slice the onion thinly and saute in butter/ghee, or olive oil over medium heat. Gradually reduce to medium low, stir occasionally.
- Cut strips of bacon in half, and place in a cast iron skillet. Heat over medium heat, and cook until bacon is crispy, flipping it occasionally. Set aside.
- Mix your ground beef with the Primal Palate Barbecue Rub (about 2 tsp, more or less depending on how strongly you want the burgers seasoned.) Form into 6 patties of equal size.
- Place the burgers on the hot grill, and cook for approximately 4 minutes per side, depending on the thickness and how done you want them. Ours were about 1" thick, and this yielded a medium-done burger.
- While the burgers are cooking, get your lettuce wraps and toppings ready (slice tomato, get any condiments ready).
- Assemble the burgers inside large lettuce leaves with tomato, sauteed onion, mustard and ketchup (if desired), and bacon. Spear with a toothpick for easy serving. Enjoy!
The recipe makes 6 sliders, enough for about 2 hungry adults, accounting for additional sides.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week