Barbecue Rub Sliders
This classic take on backyard burgers is a simple and tasty way to feed a crowd at a cookout. The addition of our Barbecue Rub to the burgers brings some depth and complexity to their flavor... a perfect combination!
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Onion, sliced (about 1/2 onion)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ghee, or olive oil
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Beef
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Primal Palate Barbecue Rub
- 3 pieces 3 pieces 3 pieces Bacon, cut in half
- 6 pieces 6 pieces 6 pieces Lettuce, Iceburg, or Romaine. Large leaves to wrap burgers
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Roma Tomato, sliced
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Begin by preheating your grill to medium high heat (about 500 F).
- Slice the onion thinly and saute in butter/ghee, or olive oil over medium heat. Gradually reduce to medium low, stir occasionally.
- Cut strips of bacon in half, and place in a cast iron skillet. Heat over medium heat, and cook until bacon is crispy, flipping it occasionally. Set aside.
- Mix your ground beef with the Primal Palate Barbecue Rub (about 2 tsp, more or less depending on how strongly you want the burgers seasoned.) Form into 6 patties of equal size.
- Place the burgers on the hot grill, and cook for approximately 4 minutes per side, depending on the thickness and how done you want them. Ours were about 1" thick, and this yielded a medium-done burger.
- While the burgers are cooking, get your lettuce wraps and toppings ready (slice tomato, get any condiments ready).
- Assemble the burgers inside large lettuce leaves with tomato, sauteed onion, mustard and ketchup (if desired), and bacon. Spear with a toothpick for easy serving. Enjoy!
The recipe makes 6 sliders, enough for about 2 hungry adults, accounting for additional sides.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week