Banana Baby Cake
The perfect baby smash cake, full of nutrition that I feel comfortable feeding to our sweet baby. If you have a birthday coming up for your baby, give this cake a try! It's easy, healthy, and delicious!
- 2 2 2 Banana, overly ripe
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Primal Palate Apple Pie Spice
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 2 2 Eggs, separated
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ghee, room temperature
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Cassava Flour
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Organic Heavy Whipping Cream, for 'frosting" - optional
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 2 tart pans (4-5" in diameter) and place on a baking sheet.
- In a high speed blender, combine the bananas, vanilla, apple pie spice, baking soda, and ghee. Blend until smooth.
- Separate the egg whites into a small bowl, and add the egg yolks to the blender and blend again until smooth.
- With a hand mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Add the cassava flour to the blender and blend again until smooth.
- Fold the batter into the egg whites.
- Pour the batter into the tart pans, evenly distributing the batter. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow cakes to cool, remove from the tart pans, and use an English muffin ring to cut the cakes into slightly smaller, perfectly round cakes.
- Frost with unsweetened whipped cream, or your choice of non-dairy frosting.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week