Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
With only 5 ingredients and 40 minutes of your time, these Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts are the perfect appetizer or little bites addition to your holiday party, family gathering or weeknight dinner.
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Bacon, Raw
- 16 oz 16 oz 16 oz Water Chestnuts, Whole
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Coconut Aminos
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Open and drain water chestnut cans. Place in bowl.
- Cover water chestnuts with aminos and balsamic vinegar. Let soak for 10-15 minutes. If not fully submerged, you can add more aminos or just stir every few minutes.
- While the water chestnuts are soaking, preheat the oven to 400 degrees and place bacon in the freezer to firm it up a bit. This will make it easier to slice.
- Cover a baking sheet with tin foil or parchment paper. Place a cooling rack on top of that if you have one accessible. This will help the grease drop from the bacon.
- Cut the bacon strips in half and have the coconut sugar ready to go in a separate bowl.
- Remove a water chestnut from the aminos and roll it in coconut sugar. Then starting at one end of your bacon, wrapt it around the chestnut. Secure it with a toothpick going fully through to the other side before placing it on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until bacon begins to crisp. Time will vary depending on your oven. Let cool before enjoying.
Store any leftovers in the fridge. Reheat at a low temp in the oven for best experience. Will generate about 24-30 pieces, estimated 2-3 pieces per person.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeAppetizers Autoimmune Protocol Dairy Free Egg Free FODMAP Free Nightshade Free Nut Free Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.