Bacon Balsamic Brussel Sprouts
The nutty brussel sprouts combined with the smoky bacon, creamy butter and sweet balsamic glaze is like heaven on a plate!
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Bacon, chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, chopped
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Butter, Salted
- 1.5 lb 1.5 lb 1.5 lb Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise (quartered if they are large)
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Balsamic Vinegar
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place the bacon in a large saute pan over medium heat and saute for approximately 3 minutes (until browned, but not crispy).
- Add in the onion and garlic and saute for an addition 2-3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the butter into the pan just long enough for it to melt before adding the brussel sprouts to the pan. Because, butter. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover, lower the heat and saute for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small sauce pan.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer until it reduces by half (about 10 minutes).
- Transfer to a glass bowl to cool and thicken.
- Once the brussel sprouts are done, drizzle the balsamic reduction over the brussel sprouts and top with shredded cheese (optional).
- Serve and enjoy!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week