Baba Ganoush: Roasted eggplant Dip
We started getting some egpplant in our CSA so figured it was time to give it a try. My husband and I both LOVED it. It really reminds me a lot of hummus. However, my husband and I both are not at the point where we can tolerate legumes yet so we haven’t had real hummus in a long time. We love to drizzle some Kasandrinos Olive Oil on top of and serve it with cucumber, peppers and some Otto’s Cassava Flour tortillas. It is a great snack and also great with any entrée. Perfect way to use up some eggplant and if you are missing hummus this is a great substitute. Enjoy!
- 2.5 lb 2.5 lb 2.5 lb Eggplant
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Garlic, medium sized
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Tahini
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Basil, fresh, optional topping
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 425. Place the eggplant on a baking sheet and roast until eggplant is soft: 35-40 minutes depending on the size of your eggplant.
- Let the eggplant cool for a few minutes until you are able to touch it. Peel off the outer skin of the eggplant and place the flesh in a food processor or blender.
- Add the garlic, tahini, lemon, olive oil, salt, pepper and cayenne to the food processor and blend until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- You can serve immediately or cool it in the refrigerator. Before serving drizzle olive oil on top and sprinkle fresh basil and sea salt on top if desired.
Roasting time will vary with your eggplant size. Larger ones may take longer to cook and smaller ones may not take as long. Drizzle olive oil and basil on top of the baba ganoush before serving.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeAppetizers Coconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free GAPS Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.