Avocado Sauerkraut Snack
This is my go-to recipe when I’m in a crunch for a quick snack. Several picky kids have been turned on to eating fermented foods by this snack. We know fermented foods are good for digestion, but it can be hard to get started incorporating them. Give this recipe a try, you might be surprised!
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Avocado
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Sauerkraut
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt, optional to taste
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper, optional to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Slice the avocado in half. Take out the pit.
- Fill the avocado holes with ¼ cup of sauerkraut each. The amount of sauerkraut needed may be slightly more or less, depending on the size of your avocadoes.
- Spoon a bit of the sauerkraut juice over the exposed sides of the avocado to keep them from browning. This step can be skipped if the avocado is going to be eaten immediately.
- Add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Eat with a spoon, scooping both avocado and sauerkraut with every delicious bite!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week