Autumn Shepherd’s Pie
A three layer Shepherd's pie with all the comforts of fall cooking. This recipe is grain-free, dairy free and nut free with no sugar added. A hearty delight for the whole family!
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Sunflower Seeds
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt, + 1 tsp, + a pinch
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs, Pastured
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Ghee, + 1 Tbsp, + 1 Tbsp
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Red Onion, chopped
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Carrots, chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Yellow Squash, chopped
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Green Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground, divided
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Pumpkin Puree, Fresh or canned
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Nutmeg, ground
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Grease a glass pie plate.
- Add seeds and salt to food processor and break down nuts to a flour. Add eggs and ghee and pulse until well combined.
- Add mixture to pie plate and spread evenly on the bottom and up the sides. Cook 14-15 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile preheat saute pan on medium heat and add the 1 Tbls ghee. Add onions, carrots, squash, salt and spices to the food processor and pulse to smaller pieces.
- Scoop out into the pan and fry about 5 minutes until softened. Add the ground turkey and fry until almost cooked through.
- Rinse out food processor and add pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon, sald and ghee and puree until well combined.
- Once base is cooked, add the veggie/turkey mixture to it. Then spread the pumpkin mixture out on top.
- Put back in oven and bake another 15 minutes.
- Let cool at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
You can adjust the ratio of seeds and/or nuts for the base to a total of 1 1/4 cups. Walnuts or pecans would be a great addition. Coconut oil can be subbed for the ghee. Lamb or beef can be subbed for the ground turkey.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Meat Shellfish Free Sugar Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.