Full of autumn flavours, this cake is perfect for an afternoon treat with freands
- 15 whole 15 whole 15 whole Dates (Medjool), pitted, cake base
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Oats, Rolled, gluten-free, cake base
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Hazelnut, hazelnut tahini for decoration, for the cream
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder, Organic, cake base
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Eggs, cake base
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Pure Vanilla Extract, for the cream
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Butter, Unsalted, for the cream
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Powder, cake base
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt, cake base
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Raisins, cake base
- 450 gram 450 gram 450 gram Cream Cheese, Full Fat, for the cream
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Cinnamon, ground, for the cream
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Sugar, for the cream
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 150C, 300F, gas mark 2.
- Add the dates to a saucepan and cover with boiling water. Let them soak for 10 mins, then drain, peel and mash.
- Mix all the sponge ingredients, add the baking powder right at the end and pour into a cake tin.
- Bake for 25-30 mins and do the toothpick check.
- Let it cool.
- Meanwhile mix the cream cheese with the butter, cinnamon and vanilla extract and whip till it becomes light and fluffy.
- Slowly start adding the sugar. Here the mixture might become quite runny. Don't worry about it.
- Pour some of the cream on top of the cooled cake. Let it sit in the fridge for 30 mins. Then add some more cream and like that till you've used all the cream.
- Add a few drops of the hazelnut tahini and using a knife make some swirly forms as a decoration.
- Let it sit in the fridge overnight and enjoy it in the morning with your coffee.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week