Autumn Beet Salad
This flavorful salad is perfect for fall. Roasted beets add earthy flavor, and a touch of sweetness that is enhanced by the addition of pomegranate seeds and fig balsamic dressing.
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Beets, roasted (2 large beets)
- 4 cups 4 cups 4 cups Spring Mix Salad Greens Lettuce
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Organic Walnuts, chopped
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Pomegranate, seeds
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Goat Cheese
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt, Primal Palate French Grey Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Rinse your beets under cool water, and then trim the beet greens close to the beet.
- Dry the beets, and place on a parchment or foil lined baking sheet.
- Cover the beets with parchment to seal, or foil. Keeping the beets sealed will allow them to steam while baking so that the skin peels easily when they are finished cooking.
- Roast the beets for 45 minutes to an hour, or until they are fork tender.
- Allow the beets to cool to the touch, and then peel the skin from the beets with your hands. Some stubborn bits may need to be removed with a paring knife.
- Slice the beets thinly, and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Plate two servings of mixed salad greens.
- Top the salad greens with chopped raw walnuts, pomegranate seeds, and the beet slices.
- Top the salads with goat cheese.
- In a small mason jar, shake the olive oil and fig balsamic to combine, and then drizzle over the salads.
- Garnish the salads with a pinch of French Gray Finishing Salt if desired.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week