Autoimmune Paleo Salted Caramel Ice Cream
A not too sweet, but just right salty ice cream alternative. Maple syrup gives the rich caramel flavor, and the coconut manna creates lovely creaminess!
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Maple Syrup, Pure
- 0.33 cup 0.33 cup 0.33 cup Coconut Butter, Organic
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 27 fl oz 27 fl oz 27 fl oz Coconut Milk, (2 cans)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat all of the ingredients in a sauce pan until simmering. Whisk all of the ingredients together or blend in a blender until smooth. Taste for salt and add more to adjust for your salt taste.
- Let completely cool in the fridge.
- Pour cold mixture into an ice cream maker and blend for 20 minutes or until frozen and creamy.
** I use Natural Value brand coconut milk that has no binders, emulsifiers or starches** It is 100% coconut milk
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeAutoimmune Protocol Dairy Free Egg Free Ice Cream Nightshade Free Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
I really loved this recipe – the maple syrup truly does give it a lovely caramel flavour.
I added a little extra salt and it gives that extra salt-caramel kick. It’s every bit as creamy as in the photo, and it was such a treat to eat. AIP is so much easier with little treats like this! Thanks for sharing