Autoimmune Paleo Gingerbread Scone
A holiday twist on the classic scone.
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Plantain, ripe, chopped
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Butter, Organic, softened
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Palm Oil Shortening, Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced], softened
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Molasses, blackstrap, softened
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Banana, very ripe (black)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Tigernut Flour, heaping
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Ginger, ground
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Coconut Milk, full fat, plus up to 1/4 c more
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Tapioca Starch
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract, if allowed
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 degreees
- Peel plantains and chop into large pieces
- roughly pulse in food processor
- peel banana and add
- Add the rest of the ingredients in order given
- pulse a few times then blend until soft dough forms
- line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- scoop dough into 2 inch rounds onto paper
- bake for 25 minutes
- cool slightly before frosting
- in food processor, add coconut butter, 3 tbsp of milk, sea salt and flours.
- pulse a couple times.
- thick "dough" will form
- while processor is running, slowly pour in coconut milk until "dough" turns into icing consistency
- frost as desired
As is, these scones are not very sweet. I prefer eating them for breakfast. Feel free to sweeten them up as desired. (I would recommend starting with 1/4 coconut sugar) They taste great fresh out of the oven, or after having sat in the fridge for a day, take with you to work and re-heat. Icing is not sweet, but has a tang reminiscent of cream cheese.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeAutoimmune Protocol Dairy Free Egg Free Nut Free Other Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.