Autoimmune Paleo Creamy Lemon Chicken Kale Soup
An easy crockpot Autoimmune Paleo recipe that is coconut free
- 4 cup 4 cup 4 cup Chicken Breast, shredded
- 6 cup 6 cup 6 cup Bone Broth (click for recipe)
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Kale, Dinosaur
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Lemon
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice, fresh
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Onion, chopped
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Wash kale and working in two batches, stack the kale leaves and slice in 1/2 inch strips. Set aside
- Add 2 cups of stock, the chopped onion and olive oil to blender. Blend for a minute or two, or until it is completely smooth.
- Add that to the crock pot and add the remaining 4 cups of broth, kale, shredded chicken, zest of all three lemons and the 2 tlbs of fresh lemon juice. Add a pinch of salt.
- Let cook for 6 hours, stirring once or twice.
I use organic rotisserie chicken for the chicken in this recipe, but you can use shredded cooked chicken breast or shredded chicken thighs.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
So should i cook this for 6 minutes or 6 hours? In the description it says 6 minutes, after the recipe – 6 hours.
It should be 6 hours. Sorry for the mistake!
Delicious soup, very gourmet tasting, felt like I was eating a fancy restaurant soup. 1st time making beef broth not sure if I did it right, it was very rich. Can I freeze this soup?