Apricot and Bacon Glazed Shrimp
- 8 oz 8 oz 8 oz Shrimp, Raw, peeled
- 3 pieces 3 pieces 3 pieces Bacon, chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Honey, Raw
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Apricot Preserves, Organic
- 2 bunch 2 bunch 2 bunch Balsamic Vinegar
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Green Onion, chopped
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Orange Juice, fresh
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Rice, Jasmine
- 0.666 cup 0.666 cup 0.666 cup Water
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Cream
- First, cook your rice according to directions. I like to add in a little bit of coconut cream to make it a tad sweet. I used a rice cooker but you can use stove top.
- Place 3 chopped bacon strips, shrimp, and honey in a skillet. Cook on medium for about 8-10 minutes or until shrimp is cooked and bacon is crispy on edges.
- Keep on low or set aside.
- In another small pot, add in 3 tbsp apricot preserves, 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, a few spoons of the bacon/honey mixture you cooked the shrimp in, and 2 tbsp orange juice.
- Cook on medium for about 5 minutes until it turns into a sauce.
- Now combine the sauce, shrimp, and rice all together in one pot, mix and add in your garlic, pepper, dash of salt.
- Spoon into bowl and garnish with green onion. Feel free to add in extra sauce on top if you have any!
Feel free to add in any extra veggies too! If you decide to not use the bacon, be sure to add in little oil or other fat to cook the shrimp at first.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week