Apple Pie Taquitos
Is it an apple pie? Is it taquitos? It's Apple Pie Taquitos: tasty little wrapped apple pie bites. Heat them up, sprinkle a little Cinnamon Sugar blend on them, and then top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. You can thank us later!
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 5 whole 5 whole 5 whole Granny Smith Apple
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Maple Sugar
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Primal Palate Apple Pie Spice
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 8 whole 8 whole 8 whole Cassava Flour Tortillas (Siete), one packet
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Primal Palate Cinnamon Sugar Cookie Blend
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- Peel and chop the apples.
- Melt two tablespoons of the butter in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the apples to the saute pan, and allow to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the maple sugar to the pan, and stir to combine. The sugar will help the apples release more liquid, so you start to develop a "sauce" along with the cooked apples.
- Add the Apple Pie Spice, and stir to coat the apples evenly.
- Add the vanilla extract, and stir to combine.
- Grease a baking dish with 1/2 of the remaining tablespoon of butter, and melt the other 1/2 tablespoon.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave so that they are more pliable.
- Sprinkle the arrowroot powder over the apples, to thicken the filling, and stir until the sauce for the filling has thickened. Turn off the heat.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of filling along one end of a tortilla, and roll the filling up in the tortilla.
- Place the rolled tortilla into the greased baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Brush the top of the taquitos with the melted butter, and sprinkle on the Cinnamon Sugar Cookie.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Serve topped with vanilla ice cream if desired.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week