Apple Pie Smoothie
Fall is my absolute favorite season in Tennessee. All year long I anticipate those short couple months were the air is crisp and the colors on the trees are bright orange and red. I also really love the food and flavors that come with fall time. Well right now it really hasn’t reached cool weather status but I still have been craving fall foods. I’ve been making soups and stews for the past month. Recently my husband saw a recipe post from slim palate for salted caramel apple tartlets. He printed it off and stuck it on the refrigerator as a reminder that I need to make them. So every day I go to the refrigerator and am taunted with this apple tart recipe. I will make them for him eventually but honestly haven’t had the spare time dig in to grain free pastry. So I decided to fill this apple pie craving with smoothie. I tried to encompass all the flavors in to one tasty drink. Also, it still hasn’t really cooled down in Nashville so a cold smoothie is still refreshing. So if you are still in warm weather this is a great transitional drink from summer to fall.
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Milk, (or almond)
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Apple, Gala, peeled
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds, ground
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Liquid Stevia Extract, drops
- 5 whole 5 whole 5 whole Ice Cubes
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Combine all the ingredients in the blender except the ice and blend thoroughly
- Add the ice and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
If you have a high speed blender then there is no need to grind the chia first. Stevia in this recipe is optional. It is pretty sweet with just the apple. Also, I prefer vanilla stevia if you do use it.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeBeverages Dairy Free Egg Free Nightshade Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
WOW! very appetizing, looks beautiful!