Apple Pie Collagen Protein Bars
These Apple Pie Collagen Protein Bars are Paleo and Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) compliant. These protein bars are creamy with chewy bites of dried apples, and are truly a healthy addition to your breakfast or snack routine.
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Coconut Butter, Organic, for white chocolate drizzle
- .75 cup .75 cup .75 cup Collagen
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Coconut, shredded, optional
- 6 Tbsp 6 Tbsp 6 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Applesauce, unsweetened
- 2.5 Tbsp 2.5 Tbsp 2.5 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Pure
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Coconut Cream
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Cinnamon Apple Rings, chopped, optional
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract, swap with vanilla powder for AIP
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Sea Salt
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Primal Palate Apple Pie Spice
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips, omit for AIP
- .5 Tbsp .5 Tbsp .5 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- For the Bars
- Mix all ingredients together by hand in a bowl. It may take a bit of stirring before the dough comes together.
- Form into 8 equal bars. I used this inexpensive silicon mold to make my bars all the same size, but you can also use a greased glass baking sheet, or you can shape the bars by hand.
- Place the formed bars in refrigerator for 30 minutes to set. Once they're set, remove the bars from the silicon mold or the baking dish. At this point, you can choose if you'd like to make the chocolate icing and drizzle, (recipes below ) or leave plain.
- For the Dark Chocolate Icing
- Melt the dark chocolate chips using a double boiler method.
- Dip bottom half of each bar in the chocolate icing.
- Use a piping bag or a ziploc with a small hole cut in the tip to drizzle chocolate on top of the bars.
- Place bars on waxed paper in the refrigerator to set.
- For the White Chocolate Drizzle
- Mix together the melted coconut butter and melted coconut oil.
- Place bars on wire cooling rack. Use a piping bag or a ziploc with a small hole cut in the corner to drizzle on top of the bars. Place in the fridge to set.
The bars have the best texture at room temperature, but you can also store in the fridge for a longer shelf-life.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeEgg Free Nightshade Free Nut Free Shellfish Free Snacks
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.