This delicious apple crisp is the perfect ending to an autumn meal, or a wonderful addition to your Thanksgiving dessert menu!
- 6 6 6 Apple, Granny Smith, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Lemon, the zest and juice
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Primal Palate Apple Pie Spice, divided in half
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Maple Sugar, plus one tablespoon for the apple filling
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Butter, Unsalted, Grass-fed. Room temperature, and cubed. Plus two tablespoons for the apple filling
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Palm Sugar, or maple sugar
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel the apples, and cut into bite size pieces. Discard the cores. Place the chopped apples into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the lemon zest to the apples, as well as the lemon juice, and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg over the apples.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of maple sugar over the apples, and stir to combine evenly.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of unsalted grass-fed butter, and pour over the spiced apples. Stir to combine.
- Liberally grease a 9 inch pie pan, or baking dish with butter, and pour the apples into the pan.
- In a food processor, add 1 cup of blanched almond flour, 1/4 of coconut flour, 1/2 cup of maple sugar, 1 teaspoon of Apple Pie Spice, 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt, and 1/2 cup of the cubed butter. Pulse until you create a ball of dough in the food processor.
- Crumble the dough over the top of the spiced apples. This dough isn't too crumbly, so you will want to place small pieces of the dough evenly over the top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the top of the crumble with the remaining tablespoon of almond flour, and the tablespoon of coconut sugar.
- Bake on the middle rack, in the center of the oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream, if desired.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeBaked Fruits Egg Free Nightshade Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.