Antioxidant Superfood Muffins
These grain free, dairy free, refined-sugar free muffins are loaded with flavor and perfect for breakfast or a power snack.
- 1.25 cup 1.25 cup 1.25 cup Almond Meal/Flour
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Arrowroot Flour
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Organic Walnuts
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Black Pepper
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp ground Ginger, ground
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Raw Honey
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Eggs
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Orange Zest
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1.25 cup 1.25 cup 1.25 cup Blueberries
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic, Raw Cacao Nibs
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- Pulse the almond flour, arrowroot flour, walnuts, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, turmeric, black pepper, ginger and salt until combined.
- Add the butter, honey, eggs, orange zest and vanilla extract, and then pulse until combined and the walnuts are coarsely ground.
- Stir in the optional cacao nibs and blueberries. Mix in two tablespoons of water to loosen the batter slightly, then spoon into the muffin cups.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, then allow the muffins to come to room temperature in the pan before serving.
Cacao nibs are very bitter, so omit if you prefer a sweeter muffin.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week