Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Tea
This recipe will be your best frand during cold and flu season. Personally I think this tea tastes amazing. And I am not a tea drinker. My idea of tea used to be McDonald’s Sweet Tea… yeah, I’ve moved on to bigger an better things these days. Not to mention this tea is a combination of things that will do a body good. I mean GOOD. Let me break it down for you: Turmeric: This spice is a member of the ginger root family, and is known for its anti-inflammatory effects. In fact, in India, it is widely used for arthritis and joint pain relief. A main compound of turmeric, curcumin, has been shown in at least 30 different studies to have anti-tumor/anticancer and antioxidant effects. This spice has also been shown to be a wonderful detoxing agent for the liver. Ginger: A classic for settling an upset stomach, this root too has anti-inflammatory effects. Ginger has also been shown to improve circulation, and has been used in Asian cultures for hundreds of years to treat cold hands and feet. Cinnamon: Cinnamon has been shown to lower blood sugar by increasing glucose metabolism, and also to improve capillary function. This spice also has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effects.
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Water
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Ginger, ground
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Honey, Raw
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to a steam (not quite to a boil, the hotter it gets, the longer you have to wait for it to cool.)
- Add the spices, honey and lemon juice, and stir to combine.
- Remove the saucepan from heat, and cover with a lid.
- Allow the mixture to steam and combine for 10 minutes.
- Drink once cooled. This tea will settle as you drink it, so you will need a spoon to redistribute the spices.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week