AIP Orange Chocolate Cake
This grain-free, nut-free, egg-free, dairy free, coconut-free cake is moist, rich and fluffy. It's dark, orange scented, has the wonderful texture of normal chocolate cake! You'll LOVE it!
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Plantain, large, ripe (mostly black)
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Cacao Powder, Raw
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Oil, Organic
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- .75 tsp .75 tsp .75 tsp Sea Salt
- .75 tsp .75 tsp .75 tsp Orange Zest
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Vanilla Bean Pod, beans of
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Cinnamon, ground
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Oil your cake pan. (You can use a mini bundt pan like I did, a cupcake pan, or any other cake pan you wish.)
- Peel the plantain and cut it into small cubes, about the size of a fingernail. Puree the plantain, cacao, and oil in a large food processor for 2 minutes until the mixture is completely combined and creamy. Scrape down the sides halfway through, if necessary.
- Add in the remaining ingredients to the food processor and process for three more minutes until all ingredients are evenly combined and fluffy.
- Spoon the cake batter into your cake pan. Using a spatula, smooth over the top. Place the cake pan in the preheated oven and bake for 13-15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool, top with powdered sugar, a fruit glaze, or coconut whipped cream, and enjoy!
Make sure you get a large, ripe plantain for this recipe. It can be made in any kind of cake pan, but if you're using a regular circular cake pan (as opposed to a cupcake or mini bundt cake pan), I would recommend doubling the recipe.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCakes Dairy Free Egg Free FODMAP Free Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.