AIP Lavender Shortbread Cookies
A lovely cookie for spring that is Autoimmune Paleo friendly. Great to bring on a picnic or to serve alongside an Easter meal.
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Flour
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Lavender
- 100 gram 100 gram 100 gram Palm Oil Shortening, Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced], (about a 1/2 cup) in solid form
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Honey, Raw
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Butter, Organic
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Maple Syrup, Pure
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Mix the coconut flour, arrowroot flour, sea sea, and lavender in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl with a hand or stand mixer, cream together the palm shortening and honey.
- Add the dry ingredients to the shortening mixture and mix until the pieces start to come together into a big ball.
- Pour the mixture out onto a piece of plastic wrap and shape into a log shape. Wrap with the plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Preheat the oven to 300 F.
- Remove the log from the fridge, unwrap from plastic, and cut into 1/4 inch slices. Put the slices on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until starting to turn golden brown.
- Let sit for at least 10 minutes to cool before moving from sheet.
- Meanwhile, melt the glaze ingredients together in a small pan over medium heat. Stir to mix.
- Using a spoon, pour the glaze on the cookies and then sprinkle optional desired toppings on the cookies.
Toppings can include things like edible flowers (pansies and nasturtiums), chopped freeze-dried peaches, raspberries, and strawberries, and more lavender.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeAutoimmune Protocol Cookies Dairy Free Egg Free Nightshade Free Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.