AIP Breakfast Sausage
I love to have sausage on my brunch or breakfast menu. Typically seasoned with paprika and often red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper, breakfast sausage is often off-limits to those who can’t eat nightshades. I created this recipe so that those of you who avoid nightshades (or do the Autoimmune Protocol) can still enjoy the wonderful flavors of breakfast sausage!
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Pork
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Primal Palate Breakfast Blend
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lard
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place the ground pork in a mixing bowl. Add the spice mixture bit by bit, mixing thoroughly to ensure even distribution.
- Form the seasoned pork into about 12 small patties (1-2 oz each)
- Heat the lard in a medium-sized cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Place several of the patties in the hot pan, spaced apart so they cook evenly. Cook the patties for 2–3 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown on the outside and no longer pink in the middle. Repeat with the remaining patties.
- Serve alongside your favorite breakfast foods.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week