A Healthier Applesauce
This healthier applesauce is naturally sweetened with maple syrup. Vegan friendly.
- 5 whole 5 whole 5 whole Apple, Granny Smith
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Maple Syrup, Pure
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Water
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Cinnamon Stick, Whole
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Cinnamon, Saigon, Ground
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Peel and chop apples. Add them to to dutch oven with water, cinnamon stick, and maple syrup.
- Cook down mixture until apples are desired firmness.
- I prefer the apples to still be still chunky and firm. About 30 minutes. Stir often so apples don't burn.
- Transfer to a food processor, and blend/pulse for a few seconds. Add a pinch of cinnamon, or more to taste. A little goes a long way.
- (optional) sprinkle a little cinnamon over the top and serve.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week