5-Ingredient Apple Pie Bars
A tasty take on apple pie in a more portable, and paleo way! Plus, no added sugar in the entire recipe.
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Dates (Medjool), pitted
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Almonds, or nut of choice
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Coconut Cream Concentrate
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Apple, Fuji, or apple of choice
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Cinnamon, ground, or apple pie spice
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Blend dates and nuts in a food processor for 1-2 minutes, until broken into small pieces.
- Add in 1/4 cup of your coconut cream concentrate to the food processor, and continue to blend until the ingredients look like wet sand.
- Press this mixture into the bottom of an 8x8 glass cooking dish, making an even layer for your crust. Set aside.
- Core your apples, and cut them into small bite-sized thin pieces.
- Over medium heat in a large skillet, add your apples and saute 10-15 minutes, until the apples are tender and soft. If you like a little more bite in your apples, only cook 10 minutes. If you like your apples very tender, cook a little longer.
- After your apples have cooked, sprinkle on your cinnamon and stir to incorporate.
- Add in your remaining 1/4 cup of coconut cream concentrate, and stir until apples are evenly coated.
- Pour the apple mixture on top of your crust layer in your 8x8 pan. Spread evenly.
- Place your pan into the fridge to harden, at least 1 hour. Cut into bars once fully harden, and store in the fridge.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCookies Dairy Free Egg Free GAPS Nightshade Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free Specific Carbohydrate Diet
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.