3 Ingredient, Salted Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups with Crispy Quinoa
- Melt chocolate by your preferred method. I like to do mine broiler style by placing my chocolate in a small bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- Use a teaspoon to drizzle some melted chocolate into a chocolate mold (or can use mini paper or silicone cupcake/muffin cases if you prefer) and spread to coat evenly. Don’t use all your chocolate, remember you want to save about 1/4 of it to spread on top once our chocolate cups are filled.
- Place your chocolate cups in the fridge or freezer to set.
- While your chocolate cups are setting, place your (rinsed) quinoa into a dry skillet/fry pan over medium heat – stir/toss/shake the pan frequently until they become fragrant (it should smell deliciously nutty) quinoa pops and if using white quinoa it will become slightly golden. It should take about 3-5 mins.
- Place almond butter into a small bowl and stir through your toasted quinoa. Set aside.
- Remove your chocolate cups from the fridge or freezer, fill each chocolate cup with a spoonful of your quinoa studded almond butter, then use the back of your spoon carefully smooth out the top and firmly but gently press the filling down into the chocolate cups.
- Once all your cups are filled, top with a little extra chocolate, smooth it all the way to the edges to the filling is completely covered then sprinkle with salt and place them back into the fridge (or freezer) to set.
- Enjoy xo
These delicious little cups will keep well in the fridge for several weeks but can also be stored in the freezer for 3-6 months!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week