Grain Free Donuts
ready in:40 minutes
These fluffy and sweet donuts are a fun treat to enjoy when you just want a donut. Try them with the chocolate ganache and lemon glaze. You and your family will never know these are grain-free!
- 1 1/2 cup 1 1/2 cup 1 1/2 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 3 tsp 3 tsp 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 2 2 Pastured Eggs
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Grade B Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Coconut Milk
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Chocolate Ganache, Split recipe in half if using for half of the donuts. Use full recipe if using on all donuts.
- 2/3 cup 2/3 cup 2/3 cup Lemon Glaze
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, add the eggs, pure maple syrup, vanilla extract, and coconut milk. Using a hand mixer, blend ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and blend all ingredients with your hand mixer until smooth.
- Add your softened coconut oil to the batter, and blend again until all ingredients are combined evenly.
- Liberally grease your donut pan with coconut oil, and spoon about a cup of batter into a ziplock bag.
- Snip one of the corners off of the ziplock bag, and pipe the batter into the donut mold. More batter makes a fluffy donut, but you will have less total donuts. Filling the molds 3/4 full will yield about 12 donuts.
- Smooth the tops of the batter by carefully banging the donut pan on the counter, and smoothing any uneven spots with a spoon or your finger.
- Bake the donuts for 12 minutes, making sure to check then after 10 minutes. Remove donuts from oven, and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Grease donut pan again, and repeat for another batch of donuts.
- Once donuts are completely cool, dip them into your choice of frosting. It helps to have the frosting in a shallow bowl to dip to donut. Place donuts in the fridge for a few minutes to help the frostings set before serving.
- If using the lemon glaze, refrigerate donuts after dipping, then dip a second time, and refrigerate once more to allow the glaze to set.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.