Grain-Free Naan Bread with Cassava Flour
- 1.25 cups 1.25 cups 1.25 cups Cassava Flour, can use whole wheat or white flour
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil, or olive oil
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Plain Greek Yogurt, or coconut yogurt
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Water
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Black Pepper, or chili pepper
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar, optional
- In a bowl, sift the flour and add baking soda plus salt. Mix well! Then slowly add in your water, 1 tbsp oil, and yogurt and mix into a dough. Add more water if need be.
- Roll the dough into 4 logs or about 4-5 medium size balls. Then roll each one out with wax paper in between until you form an oval shape.
- I made mine a little thicker but you can make thinner if you want. You don't want to crack the dough when rolling though.
- Make sure the other balls are covered when you are doing this so they don't dry out.
- Shape the corners so they are nice and round.
- Place each flattened dough on skillet or griddle one at at time on medium high heat. Cover with lid and wait 1 minutes or so.
- If you are using real flour, it should take less time.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp oil/vinegar on top and flip to other side. Cover and cook one minute or until they start to puff or brown. The thicker your dough, the longer it takes to rise or bubble/cook.
- Remove and repeat for the next.
- Once all cooked, sprinkle with garlic or herbs, balsamic vinegar, and oil/ghee if desired.
- Serve with hummus or yogurt sauce.
If you don't have cassava flour, you can use whole wheat or white flour. But, I would let it sit after you make into a dough for about 10 minutes covered. * Ingredient: Garlic and herbs to taste
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week