1 hour and 15 minutes
Shrimp scampi is often served over rice or pasta in a buttery garlic sauce. For our version, we butterfly the shrimp, tossing them in garlic, olive oil, and garlic, and baking them. To experience the complete scampi experience, plate your shrimp over steamed spaghetti squash or cauliflower rice.
- 1 lb 1 lb Shrimp, Tail-on, peeled, tail-on shrimp
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Parsley, chopped
- 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Rinse shrimp under cold water and remove tails if desired.
- Mince garlic and parsley and set aside.
- Using a paring knife, slice shrimp along the back side from head to tail.
- Do not cut through the shrimp.
- Place shrimp in a container to marinate.
- Pour olive oil over shrimp and cover with garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Cover container and let marinate for up to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to bake at 350°F.
- Open shrimp to lay flat on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
When butterflying shrimp, only cut halfway through the shrimp. You want the shrimp to easily open, without being split in half.