London Broil with Balsamic Marinade
9 minutes to 11 minutes
about 24 hours
Oftentimes, good salad dressings also make for great marinades. With this steak recipe, we bring big flavor to the grill by letting the meat bathe in our homemade balsamic dressing for a few hours prior to cooking.
- 1 lb 1 lb London Broil
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Mustard, Spicy Brown
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1/8 cup 1/8 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 cloves 4 cloves Garlic, smashed and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- Whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, red onion, garlic, mustard, salt, and pepper together in a mixing bowl.
- Place London broil in a ziplock bag or baking dish and cover with the marinade up to 24 hours prior to cooking.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Grill London broil on high for 4–5 minutes for the first side.
- Flip, reduce heat to medium-high, and grill for another 5–6 minutes.
- Remove from heat, allow to rest 5 minutes, then slice thinly and serve.
London broil tends to be a tougher cut of meat, being that it is so lean. We recommend allowing the meat to marinate for up to 24 hours to help tenderize the steak before cooking.