Infamous Bacon Cookies
If you have never thought to add crisp, smoky bacon to a sweet treat, think again! This recipe came to us upon request, and although we thought it odd at first, they quickly came to be our favorite grain-free treat yet. When bacon is in the mix, you really can't go wrong!
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Coconut Oil, Organic, unrefined
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Maple Syrup, Grade B, 1/2 cup for the cookie batter, 1/4 cup for the candied bacon
- 2 2 Eggs, Pastured
- 3 cup 3 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 5 pieces 5 pieces Bacon, Raw
- Preheat oven to bake at 350°F.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, toss bacon in ¼ cup maple syrup.
- Lay bacon on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove bacon from oven, and allow to cool.
- Crumble candied bacon for cookie batter.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine dry ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl beat eggs, 1/2 cup maple syrup, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and beat with hand mixer until combined.
- Add melted coconut oil into batter, and continue to blend until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and candied bacon.
- Drop balls of dough on parchment-lined baking sheet, about a tablespoon in size.
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes at 375°F.
- Let cool and serve.