Almond Flour Pie Crust
10 minutes to 15 minutes
about 30 minutes
Our classic pie crust is a must-have recipe for anyone who loves to bake. We use this crust for all our pie-making adventures. The flavor is versatile enough for fresh fruit pies, pudding pies, pumpkin pies, or even cheesecake.
- 2.5 cup 2.5 cup Almond Meal/Flour
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Palm Oil Shortening, Organic
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Grade B
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine wet ingredients (make sure to melt the palm shortening before mixing it into the batter, about 40 seconds in the microwave does the trick).
- Stir wet ingredients into dry.
- Pat the dough into a 9-inch glass pie dish, and bake for 10–15 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven to cool.
Shaping the pie crust takes a little finesse. It takes about 10 minutes to smooth out the perfect pie crust; you want to create an even, thin layer. We will often use freshly ground pecans in place of almond for our pies. The warm flavor of a pecan pie crust is the perfect complement to a pumpkin pie. For this, substitute pecan meal for almond meal in equal amounts.