White Wine Cream Sauce
Serves: 4-6Serves: 4-6
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter), or pan drippings
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Yellow Onion, large
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup White Wine, dry, such as chardonnay
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Milk, full fat, unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sage, fresh, about 10-12 leaves, chopped
- 1 1 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp ground Nutmeg, freshly grated
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the onions in pan drippings or ghee until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute, stirring frequently.
- Pour in the wine and scrape up any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Cook until the wine is reduced by half, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer until thickened and slightly reduced, about 10 minutes.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
2 made this
Ready in 15 minutes
5 made this
Ready in 20 minutes
3 made this
Ready in 5 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel