Vanilla-Thyme Buttered Apple Chicken
ready in:40 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 4
- Calories: 267
- Total Fat: 26g
- Total Carbohydrate: 11g
- Protein: 0g
Buttery delicious, yet really fresh, and full of gentle yet interesting flavors.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Pre-heat the oven to 390F.
- Wash the chicken breasts, pat them dry with paper towels and line them up in an oven safe tray. Peel, remove the core, and dice the apples.
- Split the vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape out the seeds.
- Pick the leaves off ten of the thyme sprigs.
- Melt the ghee/clarified butter in a sauce pan, then add the crushed pink peppercorns, vanilla beans, vanilla pod and the thyme leaves.
- Let fry for a few minutes then remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the diced apples and stir.
- Remove the vanilla pod, then pour the apples and butter over the chicken breasts and place the rest of the thyme sprigs on the sides.
- Cook in the oven for about 25 minutes (the chicken is done when the juices are clear).
- Let rest for some 10 minutes before serving.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.