Vanilla-Thyme Buttered Apple Chicken
Buttery delicious, yet really fresh, and full of gentle yet interesting flavors.
Serves: 4Serves: 4
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Pre-heat the oven to 390F.
- Wash the chicken breasts, pat them dry with paper towels and line them up in an oven safe tray. Peel, remove the core, and dice the apples.
- Split the vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape out the seeds.
- Pick the leaves off ten of the thyme sprigs.
- Melt the ghee/clarified butter in a sauce pan, then add the crushed pink peppercorns, vanilla beans, vanilla pod and the thyme leaves.
- Let fry for a few minutes then remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the diced apples and stir.
- Remove the vanilla pod, then pour the apples and butter over the chicken breasts and place the rest of the thyme sprigs on the sides.
- Cook in the oven for about 25 minutes (the chicken is done when the juices are clear).
- Let rest for some 10 minutes before serving.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
1 made this
Ready in 20 minutes, plus 25 minutes per pound
1 made this
Ready in 50 minutes
8 made this
Ready in 30 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel