Vanilla-Thyme Buttered Apple Chicken
Buttery delicious, yet really fresh, and full of gentle yet interesting flavors.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Pre-heat the oven to 390F.
- Wash the chicken breasts, pat them dry with paper towels and line them up in an oven safe tray. Peel, remove the core, and dice the apples.
- Split the vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape out the seeds.
- Pick the leaves off ten of the thyme sprigs.
- Melt the ghee/clarified butter in a sauce pan, then add the crushed pink peppercorns, vanilla beans, vanilla pod and the thyme leaves.
- Let fry for a few minutes then remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the diced apples and stir.
- Remove the vanilla pod, then pour the apples and butter over the chicken breasts and place the rest of the thyme sprigs on the sides.
- Cook in the oven for about 25 minutes (the chicken is done when the juices are clear).
- Let rest for some 10 minutes before serving.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.