Tomato Basil Soup
This creamy tomato soup will bring a taste of the garden to every bite. If you are not a tomato soup fan, we encourage you to try this soup. The tomato flavor is mild and creamy, while the basil adds additional warm, sweet flavors that beautifully enhance this dish.
- 1 1 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup fresh Basil, sliced, loosely packed
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Salt and Pepper
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup free range, organic, Chicken Stock
- 5 5 5 Vine-ripened Tomato
- 6 oz 6 oz 6 oz Tomato Paste
- Preheat oven to roast at 350°F.
- Clean and quarter tomatoes.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast on a baking sheet for 30 minutes.
- In a large soup pot, heat coconut oil over medium heat.
- Sauté onion and garlic until onion is translucent.
- Add in the roasted tomatoes, and continue to sauté for 1 minute.
- Add in 3 cups chicken stock, the basil, and tomato paste and stir continuously over medium heat until the tomato paste has dissolved into the broth.
- Season with 2 teaspoons each of salt and pepper.
- Bring to a low boil, reduce heat to low.
- Cover pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Pour soup into a food processor or high-speed blender, and puree until smooth.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped basil.