Tomato Basil Soup
- Serves: 6
- Calories: 96
- Total Fat: 5g
- Total Carbohydrate: 11g
- Protein: 4g
This creamy tomato soup will bring a taste of the garden to every bite. If you are not a tomato soup fan, we encourage you to try this soup. The tomato flavor is mild and creamy, while the basil adds additional warm, sweet flavors that beautifully enhance this dish.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- 1 1 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup fresh Basil, sliced, loosely packed
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Salt and Pepper
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup free range, organic, Chicken Stock
- 5 5 5 Vine-ripened Tomato
- 6 oz 6 oz 6 oz Tomato Paste
- Preheat oven to roast at 350°F.
- Clean and quarter tomatoes.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast on a baking sheet for 30 minutes.
- In a large soup pot, heat coconut oil over medium heat.
- Sauté onion and garlic until onion is translucent.
- Add in the roasted tomatoes, and continue to sauté for 1 minute.
- Add in 3 cups chicken stock, the basil, and tomato paste and stir continuously over medium heat until the tomato paste has dissolved into the broth.
- Season with 2 teaspoons each of salt and pepper.
- Bring to a low boil, reduce heat to low.
- Cover pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Pour soup into a food processor or high-speed blender, and puree until smooth.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped basil.