Tamarind king fish curry – king fish/king mackerel in tamarind sauce
King fish/king mackerel cooked in a spicy tamarind and tomato sauce.
- 6 pieces 6 pieces 6 pieces Swordfish, or king mackerel or any other firm fish
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Garlic, crushed or paste
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ginger Root, grated or paste
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp ground Coriander
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Chili Powder, more or less, as per taste
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Salt, more or less, as per taste
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Whole Cumin Seed
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Fennel Seed
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Tomato, grated or pureed
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Tamarind Paste
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Cilantro, chopped, to garnish
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Into a bowl mix garlic, ginger, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt and keep aside.
- Heat oil into a deep frying pan. Add cumin and fennel seeds. When they start to sizzle add chopped onion and stir fry until the onion gets golden brown in color.
- Add garlic, ginger, salt, coriander and turmeric powder mixture. Mix and fry for about 3 minutes.
- Now add pureed tomatoes and red chilli powder, mix and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Pour in 1 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Add 1 tsp tamarind pulp, mix and cook for another 1 minute.
- Turn the heat to low and add fish slices. Cover the pan and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander/cilantro leaves and serve warm with boiled rice, flat bread or grilled vegetables.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.