Sweet BBQ Baby Back Ribs
The key to this rib recipe is parboiling the ribs to soft, juicy perfection - then searing them over a cherry-wood fire. If you don't have a smoker, don't worry - these will still turn out delicious using a regular grill or even pan-seared.
Serves: 4Serves: 4
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Cut ribs into 4-5 bone portions. If possible, remove the silver skin from the underside of the ribs.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, and parboil ribs for 30 minutes.
- While ribs are cooking, assemble glaze. Whisk together coconut aminos, fish sauce, minced garlic and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- Remove ribs from water, and allow ribs to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. If using a smoker or wood-fired grill, preheat. The wood fire will need to burn for 15 minutes before it can be used for cooking.
- Brush ribs with the glaze, then sprinkle with paprika and cinnamon.
- Place ribs meat side down on the hot grill. Allow ribs to sear for a few minutes.
- Flip ribs, and move them to a cooler part of the grill. If using a smoker or wood fired grill, smoke the ribs for about 25 minutes.
- Cut into individual portions, and serve.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
3 made this
Ready in 11 minutes
3 made this
Ready in 24 hours
1 made this
Ready in 1 hour and 15 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel