Sweet BBQ Baby Back Ribs
ready in:1 hour and 30 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 863
- Total Fat: 49g
- Total Carbohydrate: 63g
- Protein: 58g
The key to this rib recipe is parboiling the ribs to soft, juicy perfection - then searing them over a cherry-wood fire. If you don't have a smoker, don't worry - these will still turn out delicious using a regular grill or even pan-seared.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Cut ribs into 4-5 bone portions. If possible, remove the silver skin from the underside of the ribs.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, and parboil ribs for 30 minutes.
- While ribs are cooking, assemble glaze. Whisk together coconut aminos, fish sauce, minced garlic and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- Remove ribs from water, and allow ribs to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. If using a smoker or wood-fired grill, preheat. The wood fire will need to burn for 15 minutes before it can be used for cooking.
- Brush ribs with the glaze, then sprinkle with paprika and cinnamon.
- Place ribs meat side down on the hot grill. Allow ribs to sear for a few minutes.
- Flip ribs, and move them to a cooler part of the grill. If using a smoker or wood fired grill, smoke the ribs for about 25 minutes.
- Cut into individual portions, and serve.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.