Superfood Chimichurri Sauce
Put this chimichurri sauce on just about anything to take your meal from good to great!
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Flat Leaf Parsley, tightly packed
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Kale, leaves only (stems removed), tightly packed
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup fresh Oregano, leaves only, measured tightly packed
- 5 clove 5 clove 5 clove Garlic
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lime, Zest, plus juice (2 Tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- .75 tsp .75 tsp .75 tsp Salt
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Ground Fresh Black Peppercorns
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Red Pepper Flakes, (optional, but recommended)
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Water, (you may need more or less, depending on your preferred consistency)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Add all of the ingredients except for the oil to a blender and puree in long pulses, until pureed.
- Add the water, while the blender is running, in a thin stream until the sauce becomes smooth and opaque. Add the full 1 cup of water for a very thin sauce, stop at 1/2 cup for a thick sauce, or adjust to your preference. I used about 3/4 cup water.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.