Spicy Sausage and Peppers over Zucchini Noodles
A spicy, quick weeknight Italian meal that satisfies your pasta craving.
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Pork
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Zucchini, spiralized
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup Tomato Sauce, homemade or clean ingredient
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Jalapeño, minced
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Fennel Seed
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp fresh Basil
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sage
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Salt
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the pork until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Take the pork out of the skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- With the pan still on, add your coconut oil and heat.
- Add the onion, pepper, garlic and jalapeno. Cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add back in your pork, season with a little salt and pepper.
- Pour in the tomato sauce.
- Add all your spices and mix well.
- Let the sauce simmer for 10-15 more minutes. Serve over the noodles.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.