Spaghetti and Meatballs
ready in:1 hour
Show nutritional information
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 388
- Total Fat: 17g
- Total Carbohydrate: 23g
- Protein: 29g
Bookmark this page, because when your friends hear that pasta is “out” with paleo, you can quickly turn to it and say “not so fast!” This dish will definitely give you your spaghetti fix, along with some amazing meatballs.
- 1 1 Egg, whisked
- 1 lb 1 lb Ground Turkey, or choice of ground meat
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Onion, 3/4 cup finely chopped (for meatballs), 3/4 cup chopped for marinara
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 24 oz 24 oz Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Oregano, dried
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Parsley, Flat Leaf , finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 whole 1 whole Spaghetti Squash, baked
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to bake at 350°F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine ground meat, onion, egg, coconut aminos, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Form ground meat mixture into 1-inch balls, and place on two parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and scoop out seeds.
- Place spaghetti squash on cookie sheet, and place in oven with meatballs.
- Bake meatballs at 350°F for 25 minutes. Allow spaghetti squash to bake for 50 minutes.
- In a sauce pan, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil on medium heat.
- Once onion and garlic have reduced and infused the olive oil with flavor, add two cans of diced tomatoes.
- Add salt, pepper, oregano, and parsley to sauce and stir, combining all ingredients.
- Bring sauce to a boil, turn down to simmer, and let simmer for 20 minutes covered.
- If sauce starts to boil when covered, remove lid.
- Remove spaghetti squash from oven and shred with a fork to make 'noodles.'
- Toss spaghetti squash with sauce, top with meatballs, and serve.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.