Slow Cooker Pork Stew
A flavor packed pork stew made in a slow cooker!
Serves: 6Serves: 6
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Put the rosemary, thyme, peppercorns, and salt in a mortar and grind until the peppercorns are crushed.
- Put the bacon in a large frying pan, and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the chunks of carrot, parsnip, onion and the minced garlic to the frying pan. Dust with a bit of salt and ground white pepper, and let fry for some 5 minutes while tossing occasionally.
- Transfer the bacon and vegetables to your slow cooker, and add the Dijon mustard, tomato paste and bay leaves.
- Put the cubed pork in the hot frying pan along with the spices from the mortar, and quickly sear the meat before placing it on top of the vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Pour over the wine, and set it to low for 6-7 hours.
- When it's done, dissolve the arrowroot powder in a little bit of cold water and gently stir it into the stew to thicken it.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
4 made this
Ready in 32 minutes
2 made this
Ready in 30 minutes
3 made this
Ready in 40 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel