Slow Cooker Pork Stew
cook:6 hours and 30 minutes
A flavor packed pork stew made in a slow cooker!
- 2.2 lb 2.2 lb 2.2 lb Pork Loin Cubed Steak
- 5 oz 5 oz 5 oz Bacon, slices, cut into squares
- 4 pieces 4 pieces 4 pieces Carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 5 pieces 5 pieces 5 pieces Parsnip, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 cloves 4 cloves 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp dried Rosemary
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp dried Thyme
- 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp Pink Peppercorns
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Salt, to taste
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup red Wine
- 3 pieces 3 pieces 3 pieces Bay Leaf
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Arrowroot Flour
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces White Pepper, ground, to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Put the rosemary, thyme, peppercorns, and salt in a mortar and grind until the peppercorns are crushed.
- Put the bacon in a large frying pan, and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the chunks of carrot, parsnip, onion and the minced garlic to the frying pan. Dust with a bit of salt and ground white pepper, and let fry for some 5 minutes while tossing occasionally.
- Transfer the bacon and vegetables to your slow cooker, and add the Dijon mustard, tomato paste and bay leaves.
- Put the cubed pork in the hot frying pan along with the spices from the mortar, and quickly sear the meat before placing it on top of the vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Pour over the wine, and set it to low for 6-7 hours.
- When it's done, dissolve the arrowroot powder in a little bit of cold water and gently stir it into the stew to thicken it.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.